Visit Alaska

New!! Online live visits offered

Take a break from grading papers! Chat with your fellow teachers and share ideas on applying Iditarod to the classroom.

Moderator: ITC Ed Dept

New!! Online live visits offered

Postby ken anderson on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:18 am

Notice to all teachers: This year I am going to be offering online kennel visits as an alternative to (an expensive) in-person school visit. Visit our kennel; including pups, this year's team, and some of the old superstars, before viewing my narrated slideshow about the race. This will be a great way to complement your Iditarod unit and expose your students to an exciting new form of computer technology. Included in the package are signed collector cards, a poster, and dog booties actually used on the Iditarod. One of my sponsors, the U.S. Coast Guard, is generously covering 100% of the costs for the first ten visits I do so act fast!! Email me at ken@windycreekkennel.com for more details.
ken anderson

Re: New!! Online live visits offered

Postby Hunter333 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:24 pm

I and my 5th grade class in Muskegon Michigan will DEFINITELY be using this resource!! We look forward to learning all that we can!!!
Hunter333

Postby saltybird on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:13 pm

This event was one of my favorites regarding the Iditarod. Ken gave a great presentation, he was very patient with the students, and we got to see his team in the dog yard. It is well worth the effort any teacher puts into getting it set up.

Susan Smith
Lawton, OK
saltybird

Postby CoastieMom on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 am

Thanks to Ken for great visits here in Ohio! I miss Alaska and being a part of the Iditarod up close and personal, but it has been wonderful sharing the Iditarod with students who are experiencing it for the first time! We've got close to 200 new student fans tracking mushers and learning about Alaska. The visits really helped generate both understanding and excitement! -Pam V
CoastieMom

Return to Iditarod for Educators