Visit Alaska

Students in Colombia, South America Learn the Iditarod!!!

Take a break from grading papers! Chat with your fellow teachers and share ideas on applying Iditarod to the classroom.

Moderator: ITC Ed Dept

Students in Colombia, South America Learn the Iditarod!!!

Postby saltybird on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Many, many students in Colombia are learning about this fabulous sled dog race. They ask many great questions and must be able to read an English version of the paper I prepared. They love it!!! I cannot wait to go back to the 9th grade and 11th grade classes tomorrow when we will discuss this race in English. There are about 34 KIDS IN EACH CLASS SO THE DISCUSSIONS GET LOUD, BUT THEY ARE INFORMATIVE!!!

Susan from Lawton, OK
Temporarily on assignment in Colombia.
saltybird

Re: Students in Colombia, South America Learn the Iditarod!!!

Postby IditaWatcher on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:48 pm

saltybird wrote:Many, many students in Colombia are learning about this fabulous sled dog race. They ask many great questions and must be able to read an English version of the paper I prepared. They love it!!! I cannot wait to go back to the 9th grade and 11th grade classes tomorrow when we will discuss this race in English. There are about 34 KIDS IN EACH CLASS SO THE DISCUSSIONS GET LOUD, BUT THEY ARE INFORMATIVE!!!

Susan from Lawton, OK
Temporarily on assignment in Colombia.

Sounds like a blast, Saltybird. Where in Colombia are you? I lived and taught in Cali for six years in the 1970s (yes, I am old :| ). It was a tremendous experience; I loved Colombia and its people. Have fun in those discussions — you'll learn as much as the kids do.

Trying to become the person my dog thinks I am.
IditaWatcher

Re: Students in Colombia, South America Learn the Iditarod!!!

Postby saltybird on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm in Pereira until Friday, then back home to Oklahoma. I spent Spring Break here and this week. What a great time I've had.
saltybird

Return to Iditarod for Educators