Visit Alaska

Image Upload Requirements

Take a break from grading papers! Chat with your fellow teachers and share ideas on applying Iditarod to the classroom.

Moderator: ITC Ed Dept

Image Upload Requirements

Postby administrator on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:58 am

We have been running out of space on the server for attachments and folks have been having trouble getting their images posted.

I have increased server space for attachments, but thought this would be a good time to make the constraints on image uploading clear. Posting images is probably the most resource intensive activity that Race Talk has to deal with, and the site is very heavily trafficked right now (I'm sure some of you have seen it "wear out" on occasion). For that reason, we've had to put some constraints on file attachments to help the system run smoothly.

1) Image file size must be no larger than 256kb.

2) Too large images have been breaking the layout of Race Talk in some browsers and are very resource intensive to upload and display, so there is a width/height restriction of 485px. Images wider or taller than this will be accessed by clicking a link.

3) Only 3 images are allowed in a single post.

I apologize for any immediate inconvenience. :( But this should hopefully help keep things running a little more smoothly as the race wraps up.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation!

Best,
Administrator
administrator
Site Admin

Return to Iditarod for Educators