Visit Alaska

Date on Home and Current Standings Pages

Take a break from grading papers! Chat with your fellow teachers and share ideas on applying Iditarod to the classroom.

Moderator: ITC Ed Dept

Date on Home and Current Standings Pages

Postby Iditabug on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:02 am

HI,
The date at top of the Home page and Current Standings page has remained "March 6" (start date); in years past, I'm pretty sure the date at top reflected "today" as the race progressed- I'm working with students, and March 6 at the top of each page is somewhat misleading.

Also, I wish there was a place right at the top of the Home page to click for Current Standings, rather than the way it is desiogned this year.

Great race so far!
Iditabug

Re: Date on Home and Current Standings Pages

Postby NE teach on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:00 am

I agree with the Current Standings comment. It would be great if that were on top, or in a very visable spot when the home page loads. It does make it much easier for students and all fans to find the information.
Judi :)
NE teach
NE teach

Postby Iditarod Staff on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:38 am

I know that it is unclear, but the purpose of March 6 on the top of the page is to answer the billion email that says, when does the race start? March 6. Without any other words with March 6, people still don't know that the race started March 6. SO, it is unclear. But the purpose of March 6 was to answer the comment of why don't you tell us on the front page of the site when the race starts. To do so, the web designers - put March 6.

A good thing to do is book mark the current standings page. That will save you having to scroll.
Iditarod Staff - http://www.iditarod.com
Iditarod Staff

Postby Jams1 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:54 am

In the past, it would say Day 1, day 2, etc...
that was very nice to see, get it that folks don't read the details and miss when the race starts.
Thank you for all you do!
Jams1

Return to Iditarod for Educators